Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Running to the future

In hopes of learning more about my running and in hopes of keeping motivated, I'm making a blog!

I'll use this space to track my times, distance, weight, etc...anything I can think of that I might want to reference in the future. Maybe if I know that everyone can see any results (or lack there of), I will stay motivated to keep pushing forward and keep achieving personal bests! Please leave any comments (motivation, tips, criticism...anything goes).

Time permitting, I will also use this as a way to write down any reflections from my runs.

Here I go...starting off with a great run that I just finished:

I am training for the Chicago Shamrock Shuffle 8k on March 30th, 2008. 8k(~5 miles) is no problem for me, I ran an 8k last summer when I was prepping for the Chicago Marathon. At the time I was worried about the marathon and was just worried about being able to run far. Now that the marathon is in the past (thank god) I am focusing on speed! My time last summer was 42:47 (8:36min/mile pace). I used to always train at 6.7mph...not sure why, I guess I just got comfortable with ~9min pace. Since the marathon I have been bumping up my speed slowly, here are my results from today:


Distance (miles): 5 miles
Time (hh:mm:ss): 00:39:38 <------Personal Best!
Pace (min/mile): 7:56
Min Speed (mph): 7.2
Max Speed (mph): 8.3
Weight (lbs): 121.4
Time of Day: 6:15pm
Shoes: Mizuno Wave Elixir 2 9.5

No comments: