Friday, February 15, 2008

I'm sick!

Wednesday at work just got worse as the day went on. My body got really sore and I had the chills. I was wearing my coat and scarf around the office while everyone else complained that it was hot. Once I got home I took my temperature and I had a fever! It was official...I had the flu :(

I slept all night and most of Thursday. I tried to wake up and do some work at home around lunchtime yesterday, but all I wanted to do was go back to sleep! I slept until 5:30pm and by this time my fever had gone away. I felt ok except for the occasional cough and the feeling of being drained of energy. I figured dinner wouldn't hurt since I needed to eat anyway. For about an hour and a half I didn't feel even slightly sick, just enjoyed great food and a glass of wine :)

I had a little bit of a hard time falling asleep, probably because I had slept all day. I finally woke up at 4am VERY hot and sweating. I took my temperature and I had another fever :( I lied in bed till my alarm went off and then got up to do the usual routine and see if I would feel better once I got going for the day. I took a hot shower and still had goosebumps...I called in sick.

I slept until lunch again and now I keep moving from chair to couch to bed and back...just spacing out. I feel useless. I think writing in this blog is the most I have done all day.

Needless to say, I'm aching to run. However, I would be surprised if I could even get through stretching with as little energy as I have now...you'll hear from me again once I am back to normal.

No comments: