Thursday, February 7, 2008

I still have my feet on the ground, I just wear better shoes. - Oprah

Back in December, I bought myself a post Christmas present ...new running shoes! The first pair I bought last spring were always trouble. If I ran more than 2 miles I would get blisters on my feet. I thought that I just needed to break them in; I was wrong.

A friend of a good friend of mine works at Dick Pond in Elmhurst so I paid him a visit and got an expert analysis on what shoes to get. I had to walk over some pad that analyzed my arch and such. Then he had me try on a bunch of shoes. Every time I found a better shoe I would leave one of them on. After trying maybe 3-4 pairs on I couldn't find one that I liked better. I must have tried at least 10 different shoes on! The lucky shoes that got to come home with me were some green and white Mizuno Wave Elixir 2 size 9.5. I also got a free pair of socks (thanks Will!). These socks are amazing and with the new shoes I'm in love....In case anyone is interested the socks are Balega X-Athlete "Hidden Comfort" Socks (I have even included a link to the cheapest place to buy them!) I now have six pairs and will probably buy more :)

Anyway here is a picture of my kicks ;)
Even though they still look brand spanking new (haven't been outside yet) I bought a back-up pair today! It seems that they are coming out with newer versions so they might be hard to find once I need a new pair. I found a good closeout price and now will have them in blue <3
Yipeeee!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: