Sunday, May 25, 2008

I finished on the 50!

First things first...my 10 mile race Saturday morning went spectacularly well! The weather was just about perfect for a run, maybe a little bit too sunny. I felt like it was going to be a rough race with the way my runs had been going the week before, but I couldn't have been more wrong! I kept track of my mile times on my iPhone. I was surprised to see that my first mile was under a 9min pace since the course was very congested at this point and I was still in my "warm up" stage. So I continued running and enjoying the peaceful weather and LSD. My pace was wonderful and I felt really good until about mile 7. That was the first point during the run that I was thinking when is this gonna be over! There were quite a few hills around this part and I was getting tired...but you know races aren't everyday running and you just have to go the extra mile...literally ;D Overall, i thought the course was very nice, however, when we were running into the stadium we went through an area that smelled realy bad of car fumes, yuck! But anyway, I beat my last 10 mile race time by 8:27 since my pace went from 9:24 to 8:33min/mile!!!! I'm so proud of myself :D

Mile 1:
8:48.8

Mile 2: 8:20.3
Mile 3: 8:21.7

Mile 4: 8:29.7

Mile 5: 8:30.6

Mile 6: 8:37.5

Mile 7: 8:43.6

Mile 8: 8:29.1

Mile 9: 8:52.0

Mile 10: 8:29.2
Unofficial time: 1:25:42 (I started the time early and stopped late)

Official Time: 1:25:28
Pace: 8:33min/mile


No comments: