Sunday, June 8, 2008

Run for the Animals

Saturday morning I had my 10k race in Wheaton, Run for the Animals. Wow was it a rough one! It is just way too hot and humid in Chicago lately. As you can see from my times I definitely was affected by the fact that there was also a 5k race. I ran a bit too fast in the beginning and with the temperatures rising as time passed I really slowed down. Then around mile 4 I realized that there is no Gatorade at the water stations! I guess I'm just spoiled or something?? I should really investigate these things before I start a race :p Drinking too much water makes my stomach cramp up while running. I like to switch back and forth with Gatorade. I guess the water was useful when I poured it all over me...

Here's my times:

Mile 1: 8:05.0

Mile 2: 8:24.2
Mile 3: 8:01.4

Mile 4: 8:46.6

Mile 5: 8:47.1

Mile 6: 8:51.9

Mile 6.21: 1:57.2


Official time: 52:53.4
Overall Pace: 8:26min/mile

No comments: